Today I am doing the ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ post! I felt very grateful to be nominated by two lovely blogs. Firstly the lovely Jean from As Seen on Jean and the lovely ladies L&H behind A Blog About. I was so excited to be nominated so thank you very much ladies! Both their blogs are awesome so definitely give them a read if you haven’t already!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created.
How my blog started
I am still quite new to the whole blogging world. I had been meaning to start a blog for literally years. I have always loved getting lost in the blogging world and community online but I never had the courage to start my own. So, at the end of last year I took the plunge and wrote a handful of posts before Christmas. I really enjoyed it so at the beginning of this year I decided to give my blog a real go. So, I got more serious with it and allowed myself to spend some time on it and I am loving it. The community is amazing and I am constantly learning new ways of writing and creating different posts. I love sharing parts of my life and thoughts I have. I wish I had started sooner but I am so glad I have started now!
Advice to new bloggers
(Although I am still very much one of these myself…)
- Don’t wait to be perfect. I didn’t start a blog for years because in the back of my mind I was terrified about it not being good enough. There are so many amazing blogs out there it is easy to feel disheartened and that you will never live up to them. Treat your blog as a work in progress. The only way to learn is to put yourself out there. Everyone has their insecurities, I’m sure even the top bloggers do so go for it! Put yourself out there, create work you love and always be open to learning new ways to improve and better your blog. That’s the fun of it all!
- This is advice I always see crop up but its so important. Try to engage and comment on other blogs as much as you can. When you read something you genuinely enjoyed or connected with, tell the person. I know how embarassinlging excited I get when someone comments on a post and I love to think that I can do the same for someone else. You discover so many new amazing blogs through engaging with other people and its a great feeling to share the love.
So, here are my blog nominations. I am sure some of you have been nominated before so sorry about that but I still wanted to include you 🙂 Also, there are so many more people I wanted to include but I would be here for days 🙂
- Mish Mesh Blog
- Oh Just My Little Blog
- Lucy Lifestyle
- Crutches of Life
- Don’t Faff
- A Daily Dose of Holly
- Lots of Love, Bex
- Rachel Williams
- The Cardiff Cwtch
- Life of Laura
- Uniquely Julia
- Simple Serenity
- She Noted
- Fleur Charms
I loved writing up this post! There are so many great blogs and bloggers out there 🙂